74795
Turgaus a. 21, LT-87122 Telšiai • Tel./ fax 370 444 53010,
mob. 370 618 63448, e-mail: turizmocentras@telsiai.lt , www.telsiaitic.lt
 




Estates

Biržuvėnai EstateBIRŽUVĖNAI ESTATE HOMESTEAD

Dvaro st. 4, Biržuvėnai village, Luokė sub district, Telšiai district
Cell phone: +370 699 88229
E-mail: birzuvenai@telsiai.lt

Working hours:

III-VI - 9.00 a.m.- 6.00 p.m.
VII - 9.00 a.m. - 4.45 p.m.

Biržuvėnai today is a valuable sample of large wooden manor of 18th-19th centuries, which reflects the natural development of such homesteads during the feudal period. It retained completely all parts characteristic to these homesteads (representative, utility, production and residential areas) with a relatively well-preserved traditional construction. Architecture of the buildings reflects the mansion development over more than 200 years covering Baroque, Classicism and Historicism eras. The most valuable of the buildings are those in the manor’s representative part of the 18th century.
This manor incurred multiple repairs, and the greatest reconstruction took place in the middle of the 19th century. The manor was heavily damaged during soviet period, when it was occupied by the sovkhoz centre, and many buildings were used not according to their intended purpose. The manor house was burned down in 2004. Before the fire, it housed the library and the museum exhibition. The counts Gorski’s family porcelain was dug up in Biržuvėnai manor in 2005, including 290 items of chinaware and two silver plated champagne vases, they were handed over for storage to the Samogitian Diocese Museum. The greatest part of found porcelain was articles of Saxon manufactury of the 19th century.
Biržuvėnai manor house was rebuilt in 2011. The reconstruction attempted to preserve the authenticity of the manor house. Modern materials had to be used for rebuilding of the manor after the fire. The house has been decorated with old-style furniture. The survived authentic fire places with the tiles of the 18th century, chimney and floor tiles can be seen here. The attic of the house mainly containing living rooms has also been installed. One of the parlours will house the library. Visitors will have an opportunity to see the parlours, kitchen, scullery, landlords’ bedroom, study and other rooms. The servant house, stables and coach-house are being rebuilt near the manor house.

Džiuginėnų dvaras (nuotraukos aut. A. Žebrauskas)

DŽIUGINĖNAI ESTATE
HOMESTEAD

Džiuginėnai village, Gadūnavas sub district, Telšiai district

Approximately 4 km from Telšiai, at the famous Džiuginėnai mound, where, according the legend, has been made the grave of the Telšiai town founder giant Džiugas, is situated Džiuginėnai estate. The first data about this locality appeared in the historic sources in the XVIII century yet. The estate consists of 4 buildings, whereof one is residential and 3 household. The life of this estate is related to the famous in Samogitia family of noblemen Gorskiai, writer Žemaitė, artist, explorer of the Samogitian art, photographer J. Perkovskis.

The south west flank of the Džiuginėnai village is being rinsed by the Germantas lake – not big, the area is 162 ha, though due to the especially clean water the residents of Telšiai and tourists like it very much.

PAVIRVYTIS ESTATE HOMESTEADPavirvytis estate

Tryškiai, Telšiai district
Cell phone: +370 692 89388

It is a small wooden estate built in the beginning of the XVIII century, long time ago belonged to the noblemen Šemetos. After the Napoleon‘s march to Russia a French lieutenant Pjeras Druvė settled down, whose family had lived in the estate till 1919. There was collected an enormous art collection, which was preserved during the World War 1, although in 1940 taken by the Russian soldiers to the unknown direction. Now nearby the estate there grow two huge oaks. One of them diameter is 6,20 m, the other one – 5,60 m.

BRĖVIKIAI ESTATE HOMESTEAD(Nuotraukos aut. E.Macienė)

Brėvikiai village, Gadūnavas sub district, Telšiai district
Cell phone: +370 698 28852

The Brėvikiai estate can be reached from Alsėdžiai town going 3 km eastwards. Since the old times the Brėvikiai estate has belonged to the old family of Narutavičiai. This family has received a blazon during the 1413 acts of Horodle. On this occasion their old surname has been changed into Narutowicz.

Up till now there have remained the wooden residential house (palace), barn, remains of the cellar, part of the old estate alley. There has been started to arrange the museum of Stanislovas Narutavičius.

THE ESTATE OF SAMOGITIANS‘ KING RINGAUDAS IN THE HOMESTEAD OF A. GEDVILAS Žemaiciu Karaliaus Ringaudo dvaras

Ryškėnai, Telšiai district
Tel. +370 444 70614

Building the estate A. Gedvilas has had the aim of not only expressing the accumulated creative powers, but to draw the attention to the history of ancient times Samogitia. There were needed people who would gather, talk, dream, would be interested in the ancient culture of Samogitia, would study it, make efforts to restore it. He felt the duty to light the eternal sacred fire again. In 1994 the Ringaudas estate courtiers and Romuva priests have gathered on Šatrija and lit that  Eternal fire according to all known traditions of ancient times. The eternal fire from the mountain has been taken to Ryškėnai and settled down in the fireplace of the estate.


Copyright © 2010 Žemaitijos turizmo informacijos centras adm zone.